Friday, 15 April 2016
• Students are learning about heat and how it affect us, animals and the environment.
• Students in 701 are still working with their learning hubs and sharing on blogs with students all over North America. Their last share was a poem or lyric
• Students are continuing to blog about their learning in science and reflecting on where they see science in their everyday lives
• I also have goosebumps talking about the amazing job that students are doing on their passion projects. We have heard from so many students about a variety of topics from how to code, help campaigns for those suffering with cancer, to creating healthy eating ideas for children like cookbooks and classes. I have to say that I am a very proud teacher.
Science Clubs and teams
• Coding club has been meeting once a week for over 4 months. We are sending 2 teams to the first WRDSB Sphero challenge where students will code the Sphero to follow a maze
• In a few weeks we will be sending 6 teams to the Waterloo Let's Talk Science Challenge. The students will take part in a Jeopardy style quiz and compete in a team building challenges. Good Luck to all teams!
• I am also excited to be able to send four grade 7 students to Steckle Farms on Earth day. They will learn about the processing of food and the impact it has on the environment
• On May 2nd we are sending 10 girls to the Think Skills...Think Future Women's Skills Day. The students will attend workshops and meet women working in the science and skills fields.
• Hakergirlz-- stay tuned for more details about how Year of Code will be coming to Centennial to work with grade 7 students to learn how to code or to enhance their coding skills.
That is all from Room 27 Science.
Keep checking in to see more of the amazing things happening by students every day!
Posted by Unknown at 08:45